Peak District Hike
Join us on our monthly hike as we return to the Peak District National Park! This will be a fairly difficult walk and not suitable for young children under the age of 11. We will be walking a 10 mile a circular route, with 600m of ascent and decent; through Black Ashop Moor, on to the back side of Kinder and back through Fair Brook. Sections of the route are quite rocky and require sure footedness. Please also note, there are no toilets or shops on this route, and no phone signal for most of it.
Don’t worry if you are missing any of the kit, we have a kit pool with spare things such as walking boots, waterproofs, rucksacks and trekking poles. Just contact us on our email address or Instagram and we’ll do what we can!
We will be meeting at the The Belfry Hotel, off Mellors Way, Woodhouse Way, Nottingham NG8 6PY at 09:00am.
Or meet there at the Hope Woodland Car Park, Hope Valley S33 0AB 11:00am. Parking here is free but limited. There is also no phone signal.
All participants need to register in order to come on the hikes and then confirm their attendance on a separate form. You will only need to complete the registration form once a year.
Once you have registered (or if registered previously) please then complete the booking form below.
Suggested Kit List
- Medication as needed – Inhaler, insulin etc.
- Suitable footwear for walking – boots or trainers you do not mind getting wet and muddy
- Warm layered clothing i.e. T-shirt, jumper, jacket/coat
- Woolly hat, scarf, gloves / sun hat, sun cream
- Packed lunch
- Snacks – Fruit, breakfast bars etc
- Spare plastic bag for rubbish or wet/muddy boots
- Change for parking
Nice to Have
- Spare pair of socks and trainers for travel especially on wet days
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof over trousers
- Small towel